The SIOS Training Service aims to provide researchers with necessary skills to make the best use of the SIOS research infrastructure and observing system. Based on requests by the SIOS community and training needs identified by the working groups, SIOS currently offers training courses on data management and remote sensing applications.
Note: You must be logged in your account with SIOS to register/apply for our training courses. New accounts are approved by SIOS-KC during office hours (8:00-16:00 Norwegian time, Mon-Fri). Register a new account here.
- Request a training course
We are continuously developing our course portfolio which can be offered to the SIOS community. If you would like to suggest a new course or would like SIOS to give a course for your team or research group, please contact our Information Officer.
Data management training courses
These courses aim to encourage and facilitate good data management right from the planning of a project. The courses are held as open webinar series or can be a separate training for a targeted audience (online and physical). You can also apply for extra funding for an add-on module on data management in connection with workshops funded by the Svalbard Strategic Grant (SSG)/Svalbard Science Forum.
Currently no upcoming data management courses. Check out our online material.
- Data Interoperability Wokshop, May 2022, see webinar recording on youtube
- Data management training course series, spring 2021 - online material available
Remote sensing training courses
Our training courses in remote sensing are tailored towards specific fields and are usually held in September each year. Material from previous courses can be found in the list below.
Currentky no available training course in remote sensing.
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in Svalbard, September 2022, Longyearbyen - Lecures will be amde available online
- Hyperspectral Remote Sensing, September 2021, online - Lectures available online
- Terrestrial Remote Sensing, August/September 2020, online - Lectures available online
- Marine Remote Sensing, September 2019, Longyearbyen
- ESA training course (by ESA, co-organised by SIOS)
Other training courses
- Metrology course, May 2022 - material available online