To enter data in the Observation Facility Catalogue, you must be logged in and have assigned the role "RI responsible" by the administrator. Please contact the Information Officer to have this role assigned to your account.
The SIOS Data Management System relies on the principles of distributed data management. Datasets that are relevant for SIOS, as well as their associated metadata, are managed by several physically distributed data centres and the information from these is collected in a unified catalogue. If you are associated with one of the institutions listed below, please contact the relevant data manager to submit your data. These data will be automatically made accessible through the SIOS Data Access Portal.
- Norwegian Meteorological Institute (MET Norway)
- Data repository: Arctic Data Centre
- Contact: Øystein Godøy
- Norwegian Institute for Air Research (NILU)
- Institute of Marine Research (IMR)
- Norwegian Polar Institute
- Nansen Environmental and Remote Sensing Center (NERSC)
- Data repository: Norwegian Satellite Earth Observation Database for Marine and Polar Research (NORMAP)
- Contact: Torill Hamre
- National Research Council of Italy (CNR)
- University of Silesia, Poland (UoS)
- National Institute for Polar Research, Japan (NIPR)
Other relevant repositories
- NIRD Research Data Archive*
- Recommended for Norwegian institutions that do not have their own repository.
- Do you already have data stored in the NIRD project area? Learn how to easily transfer them to the Research Data Archive: NIRD archive user guide.
- An activity to integrate NIRD RDA with SIOS is ongoing.
*Important note: If you store any dataset in NIRD RDA or PANGAEA you need to fill out the metadata form linked below. If you have further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your data are already stored in a repository not listed above?
Please contact us or fill in the METADATA COLLECTION FORM.
If you have problems in choosing an appropriate repository, please contact us (see right menu). We will help you to make your data available!