We are pleased to announce SIOS’s special issue on " Earth Observation (EO), Remote Sensing (RS) and Geoinformation (GI) applications in Svalbard" in the journal Remote Sensing.
Details about manuscript submission, scope of the special issue, and editorial board can be found on the special issue webpage: https://www.mdpi.com/journal/remotesensing/special_issues/SIOS.
Special Discount on Article Processing Charge (APC)
50% discount on the APC for
- manuscripts from guest editors;
- papers resulting from SIOS activities, e.g. SIOS-InfraNor, SESS report chapters, and SIOS Access Projects.
30% discount on APC for manuscripts
- invited by guest editors;
- submitted by authors from SIOS member institutes (at least one author from a SIOS member institute);
- resulting from MDPI online conference;
- submitted by any PhD student as a first or corresponding author (from SIOS member and non-member institutes).
In any case, two discounts will not be combined to avail more than 50% discount. To avail these useful discounts, it is recommended to mention it clearly in the cover letter while submitting the manuscript.
We especially encourage contributors to provide access of data and products generated as a part of the study via the SIOS data management system (SDMS).
Submission period for the special issue: 1 March 2020 - 30 June 2022
Contact our Remote Sensing Officer Shridhar Jawak if you need any suggestion regarding submission or if you are planning a manuscript for future submissions.