SIOS-KC publishes the annual State of Environmental Science in Svalbard (SESS) report. For each issue a separate editorial board is established.
The editorial board usually consist of two senior scientists, an Early Career Researcher, and two representatives of the SIOS-KC.
The tasks of the editorial board are:
- review received contributions
- organise a scientific review process
- merge all contribution to a coherent report (synthesis work, write the executive summary)
- prepare the SESS report release
- prepare promotion material
The editorial board works in close cooperation with scientific and communication advisors within the SIOS community.
Members of the editorial board are expected to attend approx. 7 board meetings (on video), and the Polar Night Week in Longyearbyen.
The application and selection process of the Early Career Researcher is coordinated by APECS.
The call for an ECR for the SESS Report editorial board opens every year in spring (if it is open, you find the call in the right menu).