Working group days 2023: 19-20 September in Kjeller (hosted by NILU).
The first SIOS working group days will take place in September 2023. During these days members of all working groups within SIOS come together to share information, good practices, and previous as well as planned activities. There will be plenty of room to discuss on how to actively achieve the SIOS goals together.
Although we hope to see most of you in person, there will also be a possibility to participate virtually.
- Registration (deadline: 15 September 2023)
The registrationis closed.
Not a working group member?
We will stream part of the first days' programme. The link will be published on this page shortly before the event.
The address of the working group days venue is:
Kunnskapsbyen Konferansesenter AS,
Gunnar Randers vei 24, 2. etasje
There are good train and bus connections to the area.
If travelling from Oslo bus terminal, bus 400 takes 23 minutes to reach Olavsgaard, from where you can take bus 340 to Forskningsparken (3 minutes talk from the venue).
During rush hour, the bus to Forskningsparken (3 minutes walk from the conference centre) departs from Olavsgård and Lillestrøm Station every 15 minutes. It takes 8 minutes from Lillestrøm station to Forskningsparken.
There is more information on http://www.trafikanten.no
It is possible to pay for parking a few hundred metres from the conference centre, see the map below.
The working dinner on Tuesday 19 September will be held at Lille Thai, Storgata 27, 2000 Lillestrøm.
The programme is still subject to changes. All times are in CEST.
Tuesday, 19 September 2023
- 12:00-13:00 Lunch
- 13:00-14:30 Plenary 1 (livestreamed - link 1)
- Opening and setting the scene
- Panel discussion with invited speakers from stakeholder organisations
- Research Council of Norway (RCN): Pål Sørgaard
- Arctic Monitoring and Assessment Programme (AMAP)/Sustaining Arctic Observing Networks (SAON): Jan Rene Larssen
- International Arctic Science Committe (IASC): Henry Burgess
- EOSC Future*: Anca Hienola
- * an EU-funded H2020 project that is implementing the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC)
- European Space Agency (ESA): Dirk Schuettemeyer
- 14:30-15:00 Coffee break
- 15:00-16:30 Plenary 2 (livestreamed - link 2)
- Updates from SIOS-KC
- Updates from working groups and Board of Directors (10 min each)
- Discussion: The SIOS strategy and its objectives - what is needed to achieve them?
- 18:30 Working Dinner
Wednesday, 20 September 2023
- 09:00-10:30 Separate working group meetings
- 10:30-11:00 Coffee break
- 11:00-12:00 Plenary 3: Presentations from working group meetings (10 min each)
- 12:00-13:00 Lunch
- 13:00-14:30 Plenary 4
- Thematic presentation
- Panel discussion
- 14:30-15:00 Farewell with coffee
- 15:00-16:30 Possibility for ad hoc meetings