Contact and secretary for RICC: firstname.lastname@example.org
The RICC directive is to
- Organise the operational relations between the SIOS activity programme and the partner facilities.
The RICC work programme for 2021
- Support the projects funded in the 2019 and 2020 Access Call
- Launch a new Access Call in 2021
- Work towards better coordination of logistical services for SIOS members
- Discuss research infrastructure investment priorities and potential for collaboration
Associated task forces
- There are no active task forces asscoiated with this working group.
Key achievements in 2020
- Developed a procedure for mapping SIOS members' research infrastructure investment plans
- Filled SIOS Observation Facility Catalogue with relevant content
- Launched the access call 2020 with a focus on remote and virtual access
News from RICC
2020 was a challenging year for the whole world. The travel restrictions implemented to reduce the spread of Covid-19 had a profound impact on the SIOS Access Programme, with 11 of 14 projects planned in 2020 cancelled. RICC members have been working with the project participants to find solutions, resulting in all of the cancelled projects being offered access to SIOS facilities in 2021 instead. SIOS-KC has also carried over all unused funding to 2021. We hope that fieldwork in 2021 can progress according to plan!
In additon to the postponed projects 9 new projects were selected for funding in the access programme. You can find a full list of SIOS supported projects in 2021 here.
RICC members are used to meeting on virtual platforms, and the working group meetings have been progressing as normal. SIOS-KC would like to extend our thanks to all those that have contributed to maintaining SIOS activities during this unusual year!
Photo: RICC members and others in attendance at Polar Night Week 2020.