We request support to install measuring equipment at the Breelva gauging station (Werenskioldbreen, Southern Spitsbergen). Planned monitoring is part of an ongoing national project (2019-2021). We want to set up the hydrometric station at the beginning of the ablation season (preferably at the end of June or in the first half of July). The gauge is located just below the bend of the river in the frontal moraine.
All equipment is deposited at the Polish Polar Station, and the missing items will arrive by the Horyzont II cruise at the end of June. We have permission of the University of Wrocław (Poland) to use the Baranowski Station near the measuring point.
- SR-50 logger with 20-min intervals
- logger with barometric compensation by BaroDiver (HOBO) with 10-min intervals
- Cyclops-7 Logger with 10-min intervals
- time-lapse cameras with 1h-intervals
Additionally, discharge / flow velocities measurements:
- with a Valeport-Model-801 current meter