You can find information about regulations related to the corona virus and Svalbard here:
- The Governor of Svalbard: https://www.sysselmannen.no/en/corona-and-svalbard/
- Update 28 January 2021: https://www.sysselmannen.no/en/news/2021/01/requires-a-negative-corona-test-before-travel-to-svalbard/
- Update 3 February 2021: https://www.sysselmannen.no/en/news/2021/02/quick-test-is-approved-when-traveling-to-svalbard/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SysselmannenSvalbard/
- The local government (Longyearbyen lokalstyre): https://www.lokalstyre.no/koronavirus.525097.no.html
- Visit Svalbard: https://en.visitsvalbard.com/visitor-information/visit-svalbard-refrain-from-travelling-covid-19
- Ny-Ålesund: https://nyalesundresearch.no/covid-info/; https://kingsbay.no/covid-19
- General information from the Norwegian Institute for Public Health: https://www.fhi.no/en/op/novel-coronavirus-facts-advice/
- General information from the Norwegian government: https://www.regjeringen.no/en/topics/koronavirus-covid-19/id2692388/
Information about entry to Norway:
- Helsenorge: https://www.helsenorge.no/en/coronavirus/international-travels/#rules-for-entry-into-norway
- Norwegian Directorate of Immigration: https://www.udi.no/en/about-the-corona-situation/entry-to-norway-and-residence/entry-to-norway-for-all-citizens/
Want advice from the SIOS community about travel and field logistics in Svalbard during the pandemic?
At the special edition of the SIOS Virtual Hangout on Friday 9 April, members of the SIOS community discussed their fieldwork plans and those who have had made the journey to Svalbard in spring 2021 shared their experiences about what paperwork and preparation was required. A summary of the advice that came out of this discussion is available here.